3 cups / 350g frozen mixed berries (I used blackberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries)
1 pear, chopped
1 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 tsp. arrowroot (optional, but helps thicken the mixture)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
handful or two of More Granola (I used the Nutty Crumble flavour, but it’s up to you!)
something cool and creamy to serve it with, optional
honey or maple syrup for topping, optional
- Place the frozen fruit in a small saucepan with the tablespoon of water. Turn heat the heat on medium-low and cover the pot. Stir every few minutes until the fruit thaws. Add the pear, and stir well.
- Next add the chia and arrowroot, if using. Bring to a very low simmer, and cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened. Stir in the salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- To serve, spoon the fruit mixture into two (or more) bowls. Top with your favourite More Granola, and add a dollop of dairy or plant-based yogurt and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Say thank you, and enjoy!
- Store any leftover fruit mixture in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat with a little water in a saucepan, if desired.